Sunday 30 June 2013

Scene 63: Another Script Scene Extract

So, I haven't got a film to review or a subject really to discuss this week, and I think another list would be taking the form of listing a bit far - a bit ad nauseam. Instead, I've decided to post up an extract from a script I am working on. 

I know that weeks ago I promised I'd actually post up a scene each week , and I know I haven't, so sorry about that - but I'm putting that little idea on hiatus for the moment as my priority is to edit another script, and get this one finished! 

Here's the extract, enjoy!


INT. KITCHEN, MARION'S HOUSE: AFTERNOON

A large living-room in a Victorian terrace house. Hoovering with headphones on, headbanging to the song Who Do You Want to Be Today? by Sumo Cyco is MARION, 36, wearing an Iron Maiden T-shirt.

She stops as her mobile vibrates. She whips off her headphones, kicks the hoover off with her foot and checks the back pocket of her trousers.

She pulls out a red flip-phone - no. Checks next pocket, black android phone - yes.

MARION
(brisk)
Hello?

CHARLIE V.O.
Hi Marion. Its me.

MARION
Hey, what's up? If you're asking what wine to bring, anything but red.

CHARLIE V.O.
I can't make dinner.

MARION
What?! Of course you can make dinner.

CUT TO:

INT. SOHO RESTAURANT, DINING AREA: AFTERNOON

Charlie plods through the dining area of the restaurant where decorators are painting and electricians fitting trendy lights.

CHARLIE
I can't, I feel sick. I'm going home. 

MARION V.O.
It's probably just stress and overwork. I have yucky days like that too. You probably need a break. Come over.

Charlie pauses in the restaurant's small foyer.

CHARLIE
Look I have a migraine, and a neck ache. I just... I just want to go to bed. I think I have the flu. I even canceled all my appointments.

MARION V.O.
Oh. (beat) You must be ill, how are you getting back to your apartment? Do you want me or Danny to come meet you? Pick you up?

CHARLIE
I'm fine. The subway's not far.

MARION V.O.
If you're sure?

CHARLIE
Yeah, yeah, yeah. I'm sure. I just want to go sleep. I'll talk to you later.

MARION V.O.
Okay. Bye...

CHARLIE
Bye.

He rings off and walks off into the rain.

CUT TO:

INT. LONDON TUBE STATION: AFTERNOON

Charlie is walking with a stream of people going down steps into the underground. He looks extremely tired, and keeps getting bumped and brushed by other people.

He reaches the platform and leaning against the wall pulls his water bottle from his pocket. Before he can unscrew the cap though a wind kicks up, and the train rockets into the station. It's very full.

The doors slide open and Charlie jumps on.

No seats - he grabs onto the pole above him as more people cram in, leaning his forehead against the metal. Next to him a young man with piercings is listening to thudding music.

The doors bleep and close. The tube train starts off.

There's silence as it roars along. Just the swaying, rocking train.

Suddenly Charlie just collapses. He clips several people as he falls, and smacks into the floor. People gasp, and ask if he's okay. 

The young man with piercings, immediately pulls out his earphones and kneels to check Charlie. He takes his pulse.

He then pulls out his phone and starts dialing.

(C) KCS etc

No comments:

Post a Comment