Tuesday 14 May 2013

Scene 58: Script Scene Teaser Page

I said I'd post up a script each week, so here is last week's. It's not a lot, I know, but this is a  teaser from my newest short film script, which is still in development. Enjoy, and please comment below!



INT. LAB/OFFICE: NIGHT

A small metal room with an office space in one corner and in another a bench with several computers and wires.

Sat at the desk is DR IAN EDYSON, a frowning man in his late thirties dressed in a futuristic shortened lab coat with an ID card built into the sleeve.

Opposite him, also in a lab coat, is DR EMMA COOPER, a nervous girl in her late twenties.

EDYSON
You've only been here two months.

COOPER
I know. And I'm sorry. But, I can't... I don't think this is the job for me.

EDYSON
Why not? Your work is impeccable.  Your contribution is valuable. You've impressed a lot of people. Everyone's pleased with you. What's the problem?

COOPER
It's not that side of the work that's the problem...

EDYSON
Oh, okay, so what your saying that this is a personal matter?

COOPER
Sort of...

EDYSON
Okay, because that's not my area. I only involve myself in my teams personal matters if it impacts the work. So unless your pregnant or something...

COOPER
No. No. It's...it's...

A siren goes off.

EDYSON
Ah crap.

Two soldiers come into the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment